Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM Empty
PostSubject: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Quote :
Richard Petty Motorsports officials announced Wednesday the organization has signed AJ Allmendinger to drive its No. 44 Dodge in the Budweiser Shootout, the first eight races of the 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup season and in the July race in Daytona.

The team said in a news release it is trying to put together sponsorship for Allmendinger to race the entire 2009-10 seasons. Allmendinger’s contract is for one year, with a team option for 2010.

“This is pretty awesome news for me,” Allmendinger said. “I just want to get behind the wheel of a race car and race. We have a lot of work to do on the track and need to sell some sponsorship, but this team has great equipment and I think there is a lot of chemistry here based on how we did at the end of last season.”

Richard Petty Motorsports was formed after the alliance between Gillett Evernham Motorsports and Petty Enterprises. Allmendinger drove five races in Gillett Evernham’s No. 10 Dodge last year, posting a best finish of 11th at Homestead.

“I cannot put into words how excited I am to run the No. 44 in 2009,” Allmendinger said. “I raced with these guys five times last year and loved everything about it. The cars were great, the guys were great and we put up some pretty good results. I’m just very grateful to have this opportunity.”

Allmendinger is entering his third season in NASCAR after leaving Champ Cars.

“AJ has a ton of potential,” team co-owner Richard Petty said. “I went testing with him a few weeks ago. When he climbed out of the car I think he went to everyone working on the car asking them questions and wanting to know what was going on. That’s the kind of thing you want out of your driver. He’s a young guy and I think we can help him and he can help us.”

The team said Sammy Johns will serve as Allmendinger’s crew chief. Allmendinger joins Kasey Kahne, Elliott Sadler and Reed Sorenson as drivers for Richard Petty Motorsports.
~Scene Daily~

I hope he runs well enough in the first 8 to find sponsorship for the rest Smile
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 pm

boy what a joke that shootout is

good for AJ as you said hopefully they can find sponsorship although the outlook is bleak
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 2:10 am

Good for AJ. Cool
I agree Andrew. Hope it goes well!!
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 7:15 pm

I'm sure AJ will run well enough in these races to get himself some sponsorship, but I guess we will have to see.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 am

Maybe he'll run well enough to take over the #19. Wink
I think they still want Sadler out.
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 pm

they do but they won't-already tried that
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:17 am

I'm sure Sadler has a performance clause in his contract. Kinda hard for them to nail him on that during the off season Wink Laughing
Once the season starts he may have to work to keep his seat. Razz
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 5:05 pm

We've seen Elliott's full potential, and it is not anywhere near great. I wouldn't be surprised if he were fired after the first few races. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm

^well he did make the chase and win a couple races in the same season...... that's more than most drivers can say
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 11:30 pm

That wasn't much of an accomplishment. He almost got beat out for the Texas win that year, but I'll give him the Fontana win. He coasted into the Chase, pretty much by finishing in the top-20 every week. That's really not very impressive.

I wonder how much longer he will be in that #19 ride? Razz
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:31 am

So far he has his butt covered being 11th in points.
Give it a few weeks Wink
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:35 am

Quote :
Super 8 to sponsor RPM? looks like will sponsor the #43 Dodge of Reed Sorenson and the #44 Dodge of A.J. Allmendinger for a few races in 2009. See the site Petty's Garage for more info and images, and see an image of the #43 on my #43 Team Schemes page.(2-26-2009)
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 3:38 pm

^ Awesome! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM   Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM Empty

Back to top Go down

Allmendinger to run Bud Shootout, first 8 races for RPM
Page 1 of 1