Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?

Go down 
+2
roosterrage
DeeDee
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? Empty
PostSubject: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:53 am

Quote :
Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? Speculation that Danica Patrick could be headed to NASCAR is heating up once again because she is in the final year of her contract with Andretti Green Racing of the IRL. In a recent story published in the New York Times, Patrick didn't deny there could be an interest in the Sprint Cup Series. "I'm very flattered everyone is curious," Patrick was quoted. "It's interesting to me as well. Do I stay where I am? Do I try to change? It's all about evaluating options, and I think that's something any good business person does. One of the things I think of is the exposure level that you get in NASCAR with the ratings and viewership. Their numbers are so much larger than ours and with that comes a bigger following, comes more popularity, comes more demand for you to endorse other products. So I think it would be an exponential sort of growth." Patrick said these things before when her last contract was up in 2006. Some would argue she used NASCAR as leverage for a better deal in the IRL, that she had no real intention of leaving, and that she is doing so again. Patrick does have ties with several of NASCAR's top organizations. She drove in the Rolex 24 at Daytona with Casey Mears for Richard Childress Racing. Roush Fenway Racing co-owner Jack Roush extended her an open invitation to join his organization the last time she explored options. To make the jump to NASCAR's top series most agree Patrick would need at least a full schedule in the Nationwide Series, which she may consider a step backward. If she did transition to NASCAR, she likely would demand a top ride, and most of the top organizations don't have an opening. But at the age of 27, this may be Patrick's last legitimate shot to make the jump and have time to hone her skills in stock cars. Until she signs somewhere her name will remain a hot topic.(ESPN Insider)(5-7-2009)

I'm curious. If she did come to NASCAR I wonder what team would offer her a ride?
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptySat May 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Well it would be interesting. Franchitti was an IRL champ and had a really rough time in NASCAR. Danica hasn't done what he has in IRL, so it would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 3:46 pm

I think she could get a ride with most any team. She's very popular and she attracts a lot of sponsors.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Yeah, it wouldn't be because of on-track accomplishments.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:45 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I think she could get a ride with most any team. She's very popular and she attracts a lot of sponsors.
That's my same thinking.

So, thinking along those lines .... <If you could make a prediction> ..... What team(s) do you think would seriously make her an offer?

I could see JGR looking for a 4th team. Who else?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Gibbs is a possibility. Stewart-Haas wouldn't surprise me either.

I know that she attended a race or two last year with Jack Roush that got some rumors swirling that he might be going to offer her a ride. Don't know where he would put her, but I wouldn't mind having her on a Ford team.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:50 pm

It'd be interesting to see how she'd do in a stock car.

Last edited by RacingDude on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:19 am

I agree, it would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:49 am

Quote :
Danica Patrick to Hendrick? Dale Jr. to.....UPDATE denied: If Danica Patrick does jump from the Indy Racing League to NASCAR, as increasingly appears likely, the battle for her, according to sources close to the negotiations, is down to car owners Rick Hendrick, of Chevrolet, and Jack Roush, of Ford. According to these sources, Hendrick and General Motors' Chevrolet division are now suddenly the heavy favorites to sign Patrick. And the key would apparently be Hendrick's willingness to put her in a Sprint Cup ride for the full 2010 season. Roush has said he would like to see her run some NASCAR Nationwide and/or Truck events, along with six or seven Cup events, to get her accustomed to stock car racing. Hendrick reportedly is willing to go further. Patrick might take Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s spot on Hendrick's official four-team Cup roster, with Earnhardt moving to an expanded JR Motorsports operation. JR Motorsports, Earnhardt's own operation, run in partnership with Hendrick, would thus be stepping up to a full Cup program; Hendrick has already been talking with Talladega winner Brad Keselowski about Keselowski's future in NASCAR, with indications he could get a Cup ride with an expanded JR Motorsports venture, with Hendrick engines and Hendrick engineering. It is not clear how far along any Patrick-IMG-Hendrick negotiations have gone, but sources tell mikemulhern.net that the Patrick-Hendrick deal is very close to being a 'done deal.'(Mikemulhern.net)(6-28-2009)
UPDATE - denied:been told by Hendrick Motorsports reps that there is absolutely no truth to this.(6-28-2009)

This rumor is just tooooo funny.
Ya gotta love silly season Wink
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:06 am

According to the article you posted from Jayski, at the end it says it has been denied.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:01 am

Yep, of course it's denied. I don't know who this Mike Mulhern is? Do you honestly think that Hendrick would replace Jr? I don't see that happening.
This article is just silly. Laughing

Funny thing about it ..... before the update denial was added I jokingly said during the race ..... "WOW, Jr is running up front today. Shocked He must have read the article on Jayski about Danica getting his ride. Laughing He finally got up on the wheel and started driving for a change" Razz
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 2:28 am

Mike Mulhern isn't usually a reliable source. And no, I do not ever see Rick replacing Jr, he would have to be an idiot to do that. No matter how bad Jr is running, his popularity alone would rake in big money for Rick.

I noticed Jr running up front during the race also, and I thought, "Wow, this is the first time he's gotten to be on TV all year due to performance!"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:35 pm

Quote :
Mike Mulhern isn't usually a reliable source.
I didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:41 pm

Quote :
Danica visits Stewart Haas: IRL star Danica Patrick was at Stewart Haas racing today on a personal shop tour, she even went into the fan zone and signed autographs for a bunch of surprised fans who were visiting the shop.(7-13-2009)
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Quote :
UPDATE: Patrick was a guest of team owner Tony Stewart last fall at Phoenix. But the two-time Cup champion was not available to be a guide Monday because he was at a Goodyear tire test at Atlanta Motor Speedway. According to sources, Patrick was introduced to Ryan Newman, crew chief Tony Gibson, General Manager Bobby Hutchens and engineer Matt Borland. The tour included stops in the fabrication shop and a look at the seven-post shaker rig.(FoxSports)(7-14-2009)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 10:23 am

Quote :
SHR isn't the only place [Danica Patrick] visited during a daylong skip-hop in Charlotte. She went to Roush Fenway. She went to Michael Waltrip Racing and Richard Childress Racing, too. And her day began at Joe Gibbs Racing.(ESPN)(7-18-2009)
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:25 am

Good for her. If she is really interested in coming to NASCAR, I'd expect her to check out all the teams.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:47 am

Quote :
Patrick in no hurry to rush decision on future: Danica Patrick is in no hurry to make a decision about her racing future. The IndyCar star is in the final year of her contract with the Andretti-Green Racing team. She has been considering a jump to stock cars and recently toured several NASCAR shops in North Carolina. Chip Ganassi owns NASCAR and IndyCar teams. He said last week Patrick should stay in the open-wheel series because she's close to making the last step toward a championship. Patrick says she's not surprised by Ganassi's position, but that won't affect her decision.(Associated Press)(7-31-2009)
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:01 am

Quote :
Andretti says he is close to re-signing Danica: Thursday, Michael Andretti confirmed a split with Andretti Green Racing co-owners Kim Green and Kevin Savoree. They will own and operate the organization's promotional company, currently known as Andretti Green Promotions. Andretti plans to maintain a four-car IndyCar Series team and said he expects to retain popular star Danica Patrick. "Getting close," he said of negotiations. "We've been back and forth a lot, but they want it and we want it. We're just going through the particulars right now. I'm happy with the way things are going." An announcement could come as early as next week. Her car's sponsor, Motorola, is based in Schaumburg, Ill., near Chicagoland Speedway, site of the Aug. 29 race. Patrick's three-year contract expires at the end of the season, which has four races left.(Indianapolis Star)(8-21-2009)
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 pm

UPDATE 2: Danica Patrick pretty much confirmed Saturday that not only was she staying in the Indy Racing League, she's also staying put at Andretti Green Racing. Just two days after Michael Andretti announced he was taking charge of the racing team Patrick has been with since 2007, IndyCar's biggest star acknowledged she was happy with the changes and wants to be part of solution. "Every team has its pitfalls and people who are difficult but I like some of the changes being made for this team and that's good for me," said Patrick, who is fifth in the point standings and having her best season with Andretti calling her strategy. This is a great team and it's won a lot of races and there's no reason to think we can't do it again. Michael has so much passion and is such a good leader. My deal isn't finalized but things are going well and clearly moving forward and that's good." Andretti said he was getting close to re-signing Patrick and happy with the progress. It's assumed the new deal will be announced this week at Chicago, the home of Motorola and where IndyCar races Saturday night in Joliet. Asked about the possibilities of switching to NASCAR, Patrick said: "I think at the end of the day, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know."(SPEEDtv)(8-23-2009)

-Jayski
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:33 pm

The only reason the majority of open wheel drivers go to NASCAR is for the money... bounce

If she ever comes, at least she will not be another Erin Crocker! cheers
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:42 pm

Interesting that she isn't coming.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:46 am

It's not a done deal yet.
After Saturday crash during practice at Sonoma Danicka may reconsider stay in the Injury League. Sad

Quote :
Indy drivers injured during practice crash: Driver Will Power of Team Penske broke two vertebrae in his lower back and sustained a concussion Saturday after crashing into Nelson Philippe of Conquest Racing during a practice session for the Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma. Philippe also sustained a concussion along with an open fracture to his left foot that required surgery. The 28-year-old Power crashed into Philippe coming out of a blind corner at Infineon Raceway. He was scheduled for an MRI exam later Saturday, but IndyCar officials didn't expect any further updates on his status until Sunday. Power, Penske's third driver, was airlifted to nearby Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. Philippe was taken by ambulance to the same hospital, where he was undergoing surgery on his foot. IndyCar officials said both drivers were reported to be awake and alert and were to be hospitalized at least overnight. They each withdrew from the race, meaning no new driver will fill the seat. Philippe lost control at the top of the hill on Turn 3A, and the front end of his car was initially clipped by E.J. Viso. Power arrived moments later and couldn't avoid an ugly crash, T-boning Philippe's car. Doctors have access to a computerized test called "ImPACT" on site that can help them determine the severity of the concussions. The test was developed by the Sports Concussion Program at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. It puts the brain to work and derives data about points of trauma -- measuring attention, memory, processing speed and reaction time.(see full story at ESPN)(8-23-2009)

Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:48 am

racinfan wrote:
The only reason the majority of open wheel drivers go to NASCAR is for the money... bounce

If she ever comes, at least she will not be another Erin Crocker! cheers
You bet it's for the money. What other reason Wink
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:57 pm

They only do it because of the competition. It has nothing to do with the money, don't you know!! Laughing

That was a pretty bad crash... glad he's okay... those cars don't even look safe, they're lucky they don't have more people getting hurt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?   Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again? Empty

Back to top Go down

Danica Patrick to NASCAR ... Again?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next