Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? Empty
PostSubject: Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?   Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:00 am

Quote :
Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? When Dale Earnhardt Inc. merged with Chip Ganassi Racing last year, the plan was to run four cars in NASCAR's top series. It could be down to two. Driver #1-Martin Truex Jr. said Friday night that Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing is planning to field just three cars for next month's Daytona 500 -- with him, #42-Juan Pablo Montoya and #8-Aric Almirola behind the wheels. And Almirola said he has no guarantee to drive beyond the season-opening race because of sponsorship woes. "As far as I can tell, I believe three," Truex Jr. said at NASCAR's preseason tour at Daytona International Speedway. "I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. ... I believe that's it. That's about all I've got there. Montoya, me and Aric." Truex Jr. and Montoya are fully sponsored for 2009, but Almirola conceded his lack of sponsorship could be a problem this season. "Chip and Teresa [Earnhardt] have to do whatever makes financial sense to them, and hopefully for me that means run 36 races," Almirola said. "For them, I hope that's the case because that means that they'll have been able to afford to do that. Now, saying that, I don't know. I'm not privy to look at their financial statements every week or every month, so I don't know what they're going to be willing to do and not do without a sponsor. The moral of the story is we need a sponsor badly. We need sponsorship dollars to be able to take our #8 Earnhardt-Ganassi with Felix Sabbatta's Chevy to every single race that we can. We need sponsorship dollars."(ESPN/AP)(1-17-2009)
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?   Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Well, looks like they will only have two teams. The 1 and 42.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?   Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Truex is no longer fully sponsored. Bass Pro Shops has pulled a lot of their support out, and will only sponsor Truex for about half the season.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?   Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Wow, DEI is just falling apart!
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?   Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:05 am

Can't they pull it all and sponsor the rest of Ryan's season Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?   Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

EGR will run 3 cars
Full article

Montoya, Truex, and Almirola full time; 4th car will run part-time (at least Daytona 500)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?   Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:52 pm

hmmm Bobby at EGR.... glad he went to Yates/HOF
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?   Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams? Empty

Back to top Go down

Earnhardt-Ganassi down to two teams?
Page 1 of 1