Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010   Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Quote :
WEST ALLIS, Wis. – Five consecutive seasons of running the Sprint Cup and Nationwide series schedules full time apparently isn’t enough for Roush Fenway Racing’s Carl Edwards.

After earning his first NASCAR Nationwide Series victory of the season at the Milwaukee Mile, Edwards said he plans on running full time in the series again in 2010.

“This is my fifth year of running both series full time, and we’re planning on doing it next year,” Edwards said. “I don’t know how it’s all going to work out, but I enjoy it.”

Edwards has won 16 Cup and 21 Nationwide races over that five-year span. He also won the championship in what was then known as the Busch Series in 2007 and has never finished lower than third in the series standings.

“I enjoy it because of my guys,” Edwards said. “I get to race for championships with a great group of guys and drive these cars that [co-owner] Jack [Roush] lets them build. It’s cool. I enjoy it.”
~Scene Daily~
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010   Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:16 am

That's tooo bad. I was hoping to get back to the track and to start watching the NW series again. I guess not Mad
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010   Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm not really a fan of Cup drivers in NW either, but without the Cup drivers, the NW series would be dead. Both the NW and truck series are hurting badly right now.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010   Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:14 am

I don't have a problem with the Cup drivers doing limited schedule. They have been running in the series for years.
Things changed when Harvick ran then full schedule in 2006. The series hasn't been the same since. Mad
Any Cup driver in the top 35 (w/exception of a rookie) should not be allowed to run for the championship.

I sent an email of to Roush to see if there is any truth to this article.
It will be interesting to see what they have to say. That's if they answer.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010   Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Since the quotes came directly from Carl, I'd say the article is true. Wink

Doubt you'll get a response from Roush; I've nevered emailed them, but I've heard they're very slow if and when they do respond.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010   Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 pm

I like Carl a lot, and I like Cup drivers in Nationwide, but not the full year. I think it would better help developing the other drivers or the Cup guys sharing it.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010   Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:31 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Doubt you'll get a response from Roush; I've nevered emailed them, but I've heard they're very slow if and when they do respond.

You may be right Andrew. If nothing else I had the chance to voice my opinion on this subject.
I made it very clear how "this fan" feels about Edwards/Cup drivers running for the NW championship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010   Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Edwards returns full time to NW in 2010
Page 1 of 1