Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why even race at Indy?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Why even race at Indy? Empty
PostSubject: Why even race at Indy?   Why even race at Indy? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:49 pm

I know that the pay day is huge and the track has a lot of history, but that was by far one of the most boring races I have ever tried to watch. I didn't make it to the halfway point - and it isn't just because the Yates cars were stinking the place up. It was just flat out boring. No passing, no side by side racing, nothing.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Why even race at Indy?   Why even race at Indy? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:53 pm

eehwkram wrote:
I know that the pay day is huge and the track has a lot of history, but that was by far one of the most boring races I have ever tried to watch. I didn't make it to the halfway point - and it isn't just because the Yates cars were stinking the place up. It was just flat out boring. No passing, no side by side racing, nothing.
I have faith that things will change very soon. I also think that Roush drivers in the chase may just get a change to use the NEW ENGINE, PROVIDING ALL GOES WELL IN THE FIRST FEW TEST RACES. What do you think Andrew?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Why even race at Indy?   Why even race at Indy? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:45 pm

First of all, I agree. That was the worst race I've seen since I started watching NASCAR 6 or 7 years ago. It was awful... there was NO passing, by anyone!! SO BORING! Suspect

As for the new engine, I do not think that the Roush Chase drivers will get the engine this year. It's just too risky. Don't want an engine failure to take you out of contention. However, if, in the the last 2 or 3 races, one or more of them is out of championship contention, then they might get it just to try it out... (but, that's just my speculation...)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Why even race at Indy?   Why even race at Indy? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:20 pm

One of the most boring races I've ever watched. Juan has by far the best car, gets penalized, and can only gain one spot back afterwards? A joke!
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Why even race at Indy?   Why even race at Indy? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:45 pm

I actually left and didn't come back until about 20 laps to go because the race was so boring. Wink

I'd be surprised if any of the Roush drivers in the Chase had the new engine anytime this season, but then again, Kurt Busch urged Roger Penske to put it in for the last few races of last season. Carl may urge Jack to do the same if his results do not improve this year.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Why even race at Indy?   Why even race at Indy? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:49 pm

RacingDude wrote:
I actually left and didn't come back until about 20 laps to go because the race was so boring. Wink

I'd be surprised if any of the Roush drivers in the Chase had the new engine anytime this season, but then again, Kurt Busch urged Roger Penske to put it in for the last few races of last season. Carl may urge Jack to do the same if his results do not improve this year.
MAYBE IF THE TEST RACES PROVE TO BE WHAT IS EXPECTED ----COULD BEEEEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why even race at Indy?   Why even race at Indy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why even race at Indy?
Page 1 of 1