Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! Empty
PostSubject: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Quote :
Bliss out at Phoenix? UPDATE 2: hearing that #1-Mike Bliss and Phoenix Racing have parted ways. Bliss is currently 7th in points and has a win at Lowe's Motor Speedway.(7-5-2009)
UPDATE: now told that James Finch has reconsidered and Bliss will stay in the car.(7-7-2009)
UPDATE 2: been told that Bliss was again released from the team on Sunday, following the race at Iowa.(8-2-2009)

IMO, Mike is one of the better NW-only drivers. Not sure why they'd let him go... Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Probably so they can put a Cup driver in there. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:21 pm

probably..... thats dumb
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:47 pm

crazy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 1:01 am

And of course, I was right. Rolling Eyes Jayski is reporting that Ryan Newman will be in the #1 at Watkins Glen.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Quote :
A statement from Mike Bliss: "It's hard to comprehend being fired when you are 6th in points after Iowa. I never expected that considering we finished 14th with the motor blowing up. Getting the call Sunday was a real shock. Right now I am trying to find a way to get in a car and at least finish in the top 10 in driver points, with next year in the back of my mind, too." Bliss has posted the most top ten finishes for Phoenix racing of any of their past drivers including a win this year at Lowes Motor Speedway. He currently don't not have a ride for Watkins Glen, but is hopeful to find something for Michigan.(8-3-2009)
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:10 am

for dumb..... even tho Ryan's my fav driver- I'd much rather see Mike in the #1- he deserves the ride, Ryan not so much
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:21 pm

Quote :
WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. – Mike Bliss walked around the NASCAR Nationwide Series garage Saturday sitting sixth in the standings and possibly jumping in a car for a few laps today to get at least a few more points.

Bliss, released from his Phoenix Racing ride Monday, said he possibly will drive the No. 91 MSRP Motorsports car in today's Zippo 200 if Dave Blaney and Peyton Sellers cleanly qualify this morning at Watkins Glen International.

The 44-year-old Bliss said Joe Nemechek has offered his car for Bliss to race in the upcoming events at Michigan and Bristol but those plans have not been finalized.

There is bonus money for drivers who finish in the top 20 in the standings.

“Maybe I can finish in the top 10 somehow, just reach and grab [rides],” Bliss said.

Bliss, who won one race for Phoenix this year, wasn’t totally surprised by his release by team owner James Finch.

“When it happened I was like … [should] I get a lawn mower and start mowing the neighbors’ yard?” Bliss said. “I’m just here today to stay out of my wife’s hair. It [stinks].

“I knew going in that that race team has a history of going through some drivers. I was fortunate to make it as long as I did. We had this conversation about a month ago with James when they released me for 24 hours and then James said [we’d] get to the end of the year. But that didn’t last.”

Phoenix Racing general manager Marc Reno said Bliss didn’t win enough.

“Yeah we should [win], but there’s still a whole little bit of everything that we needed to win races,” Bliss said. “They could still possibly win a race this year. Their cars are getting better. It’s tough to say why I’m here but the way they do stuff over there is a little different.”

The 2002 Truck series champion, Bliss has 201 career starts in that series along with 164 in Nationwide and 88 in Cup. He said he has not talked with any Truck owners about returning to that series, where he has five starts this year for Key Motorsports.

“The phone really hasn’t rang, and I don’t expect it to,” Bliss said. “You need to go after it and be aggressive about it. … There’s not a lot of owners to go to right now. We’ve lost a lot of good race teams. Maybe I’m looking at next year right now. But I don’t even know if that’s a plan yet.”
~Scene Daily~
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:38 am

Be one of the few NW only drivers to win in the last few years, be sixth in points competing with some very dominant Cup backed teams, and yeah let's fire the guy who has done that. Stupid. Evil or Very Mad This kind of stuff is going to send the series to the grave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!   You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired! Empty

Back to top Go down

You're fired! No, stay. NO - you're fired!
Page 1 of 1