Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW Empty
PostSubject: NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW   NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Quote :
Joe Nemechek says he has bought three NASCAR Sprint Cup race cars and his Nemco Motorsports team will attempt to compete full time in the Cup and Nationwide series this season.

The team will field Toyotas in Cup and Chevrolets in Nationwide. Philippe Lopez, who was the competition director at Hall of Fame Racing until the middle of last season, will be the crew chief on both cars.

The team has talked to potential sponsors and Nemechek said he feels confident in acquiring sponsorship for at least 12 races.

“I feel encouraged [about funding], and that’s why I’m doing it,” Nemechek said. “We’re going to Daytona with two of [the cars] ready to go. … We have an excellent opportunity for a company interested in pursuing a cost-effective motorsports sponsorship."

The team won’t have points, so it will be up to Nemechek to race his way into the Daytona 500.

“I’ve been put in that position the last few years,” said Nemechek, who drove for Furniture Row Racing last season. “I’ll do my best. If we don’t end up in a wreck, I think my odds are very good.”

The team will get its Cup engines from Triad Racing Technologies.

“I’m appreciative of all my fans, my friends and family to get this whole program kick-started,” Nemechek said.

Nemechek has 490 career Cup starts and four wins. He also has 274 starts in the Nationwide Series with 16 victories. All of those 16 victories came in Nemco Motorsports cars, and Nemechek won the 1992 series title as a driver/owner.

Nemechek has even worked on the cars he’s going to race this year.

“It’s been a lot of long days the last week here in the shop,” Nemechek said. “Most of the time drivers don’t [work on cars] anymore. I’ve been having fun working on them and making parts and doing all that good stuff.”

Interested sponsors can contact Nemechek at sponsorship@joenemechek.com.
~Scene Daily~
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW   NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 3:38 pm

Has NEMCO ever run Cup before? Question
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW   NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Was that Burger King #87 he ran a Cup car? I'm not sure. Good luck to Nemechek.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW   NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 6:17 pm

I know that Joe has run some NW races for himself, but I'm not sure about Cup.

This is a big undertaking for Joe, especially with no solid sponsorship!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW   NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:16 pm

I looked it up on racingreference.com, and apparently Joe ran cars in Cup for himself from 1993-1996, and then Ron Fellows ran a few races for him at the road courses after that.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW   NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 11:14 pm

I thought he did and David confirmed that

GOJO!!!!

unfortunately it's gonna be hard in the bad equipment and no sponsor... hard to watch..... grrr furniture row

bobby ginn bigger GRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW   NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW Empty

Back to top Go down

NEMCO Motorsports to run full time in Cup, NW
Page 1 of 1