Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FRM TO FORD IN 2010.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

FRM  TO FORD IN 2010. Empty
PostSubject: FRM TO FORD IN 2010.   FRM  TO FORD IN 2010. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 pm

Updated Dec 31, 2009 5:00 PM EDT Front Row Motorsports will enter the New Year with a new look all the way around. The organizations will run under the Ford Motorsports banner in 2010 with Travis Kvapil driving the No. 34 with Steven Lane as his crew chief, sources told FOXSports.com. Kevin Conway will pilot the No. 37 Ford with a crew chief to be named. "I’m happy to have the opportunity because there’s not many opportunities out there," Kvapil said. "The Front Row Motorsports team has a lot of good things going for them. Sponsorship is critical to the survival of a race team but despite what type of sponsorship has been brought in in the past, Bob Jenkins, the owner, has always been committed to running a full-time deal. "There’s a lot of work to be done (with changing manufacturers) but the team has taken another step forward in its progression." Kvapil, 33, returns to the Ford brand after amicably parting ways with Yates Racing following the spring race at Bristol last year when the team ran out of funding. Kvapil won the NASCAR truck series title in 2003. Although he hasn’t worked with Lane in the past, he witnessed first hand the veteran crew chief’s work ethic when Kvapil attempted three races in the No. 37 FRM car at the end of last season. "He’s well respected in the garage and a very hard working guy," Kvapil added. "I’m excited about that. I’m not afraid to dive in there and work hard too. I think it’s going to be a good situation." Conway, 31, ran 12 races with the Extenze sponsorship in the Nationwide Series last season for three different owners -- Joe Nemechek, Robert Richardson and Dusty Whitney. His best finish was 15th at Kentucky in the No. 87 Chevrolet. The short list for Conway’s crew chief candidates include Peter Sospenzo, who worked with Tony Raines on the No. 37 last season, as well as Larry Carter and Derrick Findley Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: FRM TO FORD IN 2010.   FRM  TO FORD IN 2010. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:21 pm

Andrew what do you think???????? Two more FORDS in the field. Wink

BTW Goverment giiving more money to GM. I just heard the Goverment now owns 1/2 of GM.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: FRM TO FORD IN 2010.   FRM  TO FORD IN 2010. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:32 am

or China........
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: FRM TO FORD IN 2010.   FRM  TO FORD IN 2010. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:29 pm

I don't know about this one. I was listening to Sirius Speedway when Kvapil came on to talk about it, and he said that they would be getting full manufacturer support.

I don't understand why Ford would support them, but they can't give full support to RPM for financial reasons? This one baffles me a little... maybe they'll surprise us next year. We'll see...

Now the question is, do they deserve their own section here? lol
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: FRM TO FORD IN 2010.   FRM  TO FORD IN 2010. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:39 pm

I have read rumors where Roush might be giving the #37 (Kevin) car the #26 points. I thought Nascar wouldn't allow tranfering of points from one team to another team. I might be thinking of car numbers. I just haven't given this sort of a deal much thought.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: FRM TO FORD IN 2010.   FRM  TO FORD IN 2010. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:37 pm

That is a good idea. They bought the 01 points for the 34 last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get the 26 points too...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FRM TO FORD IN 2010.   FRM  TO FORD IN 2010. Empty

Back to top Go down

FRM TO FORD IN 2010.
Page 1 of 1