Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RPM to Toyota OR Ford?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

RPM to Toyota OR Ford? Empty
PostSubject: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Quote :
Internet reports of Richard Petty Motorsports switching to Toyota after Kasey Kahne participated in a photo shoot with a No. 9 Budweiser Toyota were quickly dismissed this weekend.

"I don't know what the deal is with that," Kahne said. "I did my Budweiser photo shoot and obviously you guys know that it was a Toyota. Why? I don't know why it was. I'm Dodge, man. I think I'll be Dodge next year, truthfully."

Since last September, rumors have persisted of RPM making a move to Toyota. Certainly, the greatest indication was the delay by RPM in developing the new R6 Dodge engine.

With the current state of the auto manufacturers, very few would entertain bringing on additional teams at this time. If Red Bull stays with Toyota — as all indications point to — moneys that possibly would have been freed up might not be now.

The exception? Ford. Perhaps the next shoot for Kahne could be in the No. 9 Budweiser Ford.

"We've publicly said we're interested in talking to teams that would be interested in coming over," said Doug Hervey, operations manager of Ford Racing North America. "It's getting late in the season, but there's still time."
~FOXSports
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:12 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Quote :
Internet reports of Richard Petty Motorsports switching to Toyota after Kasey Kahne participated in a photo shoot with a No. 9 Budweiser Toyota were quickly dismissed this weekend.

"I don't know what the deal is with that," Kahne said. "I did my Budweiser photo shoot and obviously you guys know that it was a Toyota. Why? I don't know why it was. I'm Dodge, man. I think I'll be Dodge next year, truthfully."

Since last September, rumors have persisted of RPM making a move to Toyota. Certainly, the greatest indication was the delay by RPM in developing the new R6 Dodge engine.

With the current state of the auto manufacturers, very few would entertain bringing on additional teams at this time. If Red Bull stays with Toyota — as all indications point to — moneys that possibly would have been freed up might not be now.

The exception? Ford. Perhaps the next shoot for Kahne could be in the No. 9 Budweiser Ford.

"We've publicly said we're interested in talking to teams that would be interested in coming over," said Doug Hervey, operations manager of Ford Racing North America. "It's getting late in the season, but there's still time."
~FOXSports
I can't see that happening. Who comes up with these ridiculous rumors?
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Who knows...
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:45 pm

well what are we to guess when your doing a photoshoot with a toyota???
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:43 am

Dog wrote:
well what are we to guess when your doing a photoshoot with a toyota???
Thats how I look at it ROTFLMBO
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:57 pm

It doesn't matter to me what manufacturer they use as long as they run better. They're doing awful right now.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 5:52 pm

Quote :
Who comes up with these ridiculous rumors?

Doug Hervey of FORD RACING pretty well confirmed the rumor. He said they were interested in adding a team and that there was still time to do that for 2010... sounds like he is admitting that they are at least in conversation with RPM.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Quote :
Who comes up with these ridiculous rumors?

Doug Hervey of FORD RACING pretty well confirmed the rumor. He said they were interested in adding a team and that there was still time to do that for 2010... sounds like he is admitting that they are at least in conversation with RPM.
--I'll believe it when I see it. Who in their right mind would move into the FORD CAMP when they are such a Disappointment. I didn't think FORD could be so bad as they have been this year. Maybe they are so dam cheap ,they aren't putting the money where it is needed. IN ENGINEERING (MAINLY CHASSIS ENGINEERING) Its quite obvious that the FORD Teams haven't a clue on setting up these COT.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:35 am

Okay, so this year hasn't been all butterflies and birthday cake, but it hasn't been all gloom and doom either.

To say that they don't have a clue is a bit extreme. Last year, the cars were great. They've just fallen a bit behind. They'll catch back up.

And, as for who would want to switch to Ford, I think anything would be an improvement over Dodge at the current time. Wink

Also, Ford Racing puts a good amount of money into racing and engineering support. I don't think that's the problem. I think they've just got a lot of people focusing on getting the engine ready this year and it has caused us to fall behind in other areas.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:59 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Okay, so this year hasn't been all butterflies and birthday cake, but it hasn't been all gloom and doom either.

To say that they don't have a clue is a bit extreme. Last year, the cars were great. They've just fallen a bit behind. They'll catch back up.

And, as for who would want to switch to Ford, I think anything would be an improvement over Dodge at the current time. Wink

Also, Ford Racing puts a good amount of money into racing and engineering support. I don't think that's the problem. I think they've just got a lot of people focusing on getting the engine ready this year and it has caused us to fall behind in other areas.
Andrew I hope your right but somewhere i have read that the hold up on FR9 was due to finding the right mounting on the COT. I thought I was the only one who read that but than someone on TFR said the same thing. If thats the case , we will be right back where we started----
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPM to Toyota OR Ford?   RPM to Toyota OR Ford? Empty

Back to top Go down

RPM to Toyota OR Ford?
Page 1 of 1