Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kasey Kahne to Toyota?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Kasey Kahne to Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Quote :
Kahne to Toyota? by Chicago? UPDATE 2: Speculation is increasing that Dodge driver #9-Kasey Kahne, who runs for Richard Petty, could switch to a Toyota by the July 11th Sprint Cup race at Chicago. Petty has said that Chrysler has cut its payments to his four-car operation, and apparently Petty has only enough engine parts for one of the new Dodge NASCAR engines. Petty's business partner, George Gillett, tried last season to make a deal with Toyota. There is no immediate comment from Toyota officials.(mikemulhern.net)(6-22-2009)
UPDATE: And speculation that Richard Petty and Kasey Kahne could switch to Toyotas as soon as July? Lee White, head of Toyota' racing development operations, says "I've never talked to the King or his driver. I'm pretty sure that no one at Toyota/TRD has talked to either of them."(mikemulhern.net)(6-22-2009)
UPDATE 2: Sirius Speedway has learned that Richard Petty Motorsports will begin fielding Toyotas for driver #9-Kasey Kahne in mid-August, with at least part of the team remaining in Dodge livery for the time being. Published reports this week claimed the team will begin fielding Toyotas for Kahne at Chicagoland Speedway on July 11, but an RPM source speaking on the condition of anonymity tells Sirius Speedway that the change will not happen until team officials are able to hammer out a financial settlement with their current manufacturer. “Dodge owes the team a ton of money, and they’re trying to negotiate some kind of settlement right now,” said one source. “Until that’s done, the team cannot make a move. Once the settlement is signed, you’ll see Kasey Kahne in a Toyota.” RPM’s familiar #43 – driven by Reed Sorenson – will remain in Dodge livery for the foreseeable future. A decision on future manufacturer affiliations for the #19 and #44 cars -- driven by Elliott Sadler and AJ Allmendinger – is pending.(Sirius Speedway)(6-22-2009)

Personally, I think this is a crazy idea. Running a 4-car team is supposed to help the cars, but when you're in different manufacturers, I don't think they can help one another very much.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm totally confused as to what is supposed to be happening according to that

9Toy
43 dodge
44 & 19 are unknown.... is that what it's saying?
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:50 pm

Surprised very confusing. I don't see that working very well.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:39 am

just posted on Jayski....

Quote :
UPDATE 3: Been told by sources within Richard Petty Motorsports that there are no plans to switch manufacturers with any of their Sprint Cups teams in 2009.(6-23-2009)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:40 pm

I believe the important part of that statement is "in 2009." Daytona 2010, that's a different story. Wink
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:14 pm

I agree, Andrew. It looked like RPM came very close to going to Toyota for this year, and I bet next year they will be in them. Whatever the case is, Penske is running well with the Dodges and RPM isn't. I read since Dodge cut their funding, RPM only has enough parts to make one of the new engines which only Kasey has run. I think they would be offer off with Toyota, and maybe Toyota will be able to fund it if Red Bull goes to Chevy.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Sure hope they don't try and keep the 43 as a Dodge though... I know Richard Petty has a history with Dodge, but I think it's time for a change.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:35 pm

I don't see it happening. And I know the past connection with Dodge too, but why should Reed be stuck in Dodge? If this happens, RPM will be on their own for good. If you guys remember when the Jasper 77 with Blaney swapped to Dodge for the Talladega race I think, their funding from Ford left immediately.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:37 pm

I remember that race. Then they merged with Penske and went to Dodge full time the next year.

I hope you're right about Reed, that would not be a good thing...
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:22 am

Quote :
UPDATE 4: sources inside the walls at RPM say plans have been made to field Toyota Camrys for Kasey Kahne beginning in mid-August, as soon as team officials finalize a financial settlement package with Dodge. Those negotiations have reportedly taken a sudden turn in recent days, though, with the possibility now existing for Kahne and his RPM teammates to remain in the Dodge camp, after all.(Sirius Speedway)(6-23-2009)
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:12 pm

oh man idk about all this..... this is worse than a soap opera
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 pm

roosterrage wrote:
I agree, Andrew. It looked like RPM came very close to going to Toyota for this year, and I bet next year they will be in them. Whatever the case is, Penske is running well with the Dodges and RPM isn't. I read since Dodge cut their funding, RPM only has enough parts to make one of the new engines which only Kasey has run. I think they would be offer off with Toyota, and maybe Toyota will be able to fund it if Red Bull goes to Chevy.

and you forgot to mention the days of Penske with dodges are numbered....... Saturn will likely come
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 12:07 am

Dog wrote:
oh man idk about all this..... this is worse than a soap opera
Yep, It's silly season Laughing
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 5:19 am

Dog wrote:
roosterrage wrote:

and you forgot to mention the days of Penske with dodges are numbered....... Saturn will likely come

I don't know if Roger bought into Saturn for non-racing benefits, or will be making it part of an effort to switch from Dodge. Anyway, it will be interestig to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kasey Kahne to Toyota?   Kasey Kahne to Toyota? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kasey Kahne to Toyota?
Page 1 of 1