Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EGR to Toyota?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

EGR to Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: EGR to Toyota?   EGR to Toyota? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:13 pm

Quote :
Earnhardt Ganassi to Toyota? So, what's the holdup in EGR's decision to remain with Chevy or move to Toyota? Perhaps it's the "E" in EGR. Can anyone really imagine the Earnhardt name associated with Toyota? Since Teresa Earnhardt is not at the racetrack on a weekly basis, that might be a tough answer to get. And with the current General Motors situation, Chevy is in no position to offer EGR a new and improved deal. Maybe Chip Ganassi believes delaying the decision will prevent the current engine builders from sabotaging the cars? But since Ganassi didn't want to answer the question of manufacturers on Sunday, what do we know? Richard Childress Racing's engine department  which supplies motors for EGR  was expecting a call on Friday from the Ganassi camp regarding their status for next season. It never came. Principals at EGR are expected to meet with Toyota again on Tuesday. EGR has had discussions with Joe Gibbs Racing about supplying engines for next season. Apparently Toyota Racing Development, which provides Michael Waltrip Racing and Red Bull Racing with engines, does not have the capacity at this time to be a supplier for EGR.(FoxSports)(11-3-2009)
~Jayski

I really, really hope this happens! Then I could pull for Montoya and McMurray (most likely) without feeling bad because they're in Chevy's! Wink
I have been pulling for Juan this year in the Chase, really wish he could have done something with Johnson. He's done a great job, though...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

EGR to Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGR to Toyota?   EGR to Toyota? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:42 am

I can understand your reasoning for wanting that, but Chevy is really doing wonders for EGR this season. Montoya has finally had cars that match his talent, and he would have a few wins if not for unfortunate circumstances. I must say, I have started to like Juan. EGR to Toyota? Icon_cool

Hasn't he had top-5's in all but two Chase races too? That shows you just how well the 48 has figured out this Chase. EGR to Toyota? Affraid
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

EGR to Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGR to Toyota?   EGR to Toyota? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:15 am

If it wasn't for his "ego" problems, Juan near the top of my list. Nonetheless, he has really shocked me with all those impressive runs....just a shame Jimmie has been flawless, I don't believe in perfection.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

EGR to Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGR to Toyota?   EGR to Toyota? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:05 pm

I really don't know why they would even consider it. Last year Juan 25th in pts, this year 4th.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

EGR to Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGR to Toyota?   EGR to Toyota? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Apparently, RCR (their engine supplier) gave them an ultimatum that they had to let them know TODAY whether they would be running ECR engines next year.

According to Scene Daily and FOX Sports, Ganassi has decided to remain with Chevy for the 2010 season.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

EGR to Toyota? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGR to Toyota?   EGR to Toyota? Empty

Back to top Go down

EGR to Toyota?
Page 1 of 1