Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roush will run 3 or 4 NW entries in 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Roush will run 3 or 4 NW entries in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Roush will run 3 or 4 NW entries in 2010   Roush will run 3 or 4 NW entries in 2010 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Quote :
INDIANAPOLIS – Roush Fenway Racing co-owner Jack Roush said Saturday night at O’Reilly Raceway Park he intends to field at least three full-time NASCAR Nationwide Series teams in 2010, including one each for young drivers Colin Braun and Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

Also, in addition to a full-time team for Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwards, Roush said he is in negotiations with Paul Menard to run a fourth full-time team.

“It’s our plan to do a full program with Ricky Stenhouse and with Colin Braun and with Carl,” Roush said. “We’re talking to Paul and his dad, John, and hoping to do a full-time program with Paul Menard as well.

“We think our Nationwide program is going to be very healthy next year and that we’re going to have a great program.”

Menard drives for Yates Racing in the Sprint Cup Series and is sponsored by his father’s home-improvement store chain by the same name. Yates has a technical alliance with Roush Fenway.

Braun competes in the Camping World Truck Series for Roush Fenway, while Stenhouse is driving a part-time Nationwide schedule.

“We’re not ready to announce who is going to be our sponsors, but we’re definitely in the middle of the discussions with them,” Roush said. “I made the decision, rather than wait for the sponsor, that mine and [team co-owner] John Henry’s investment in the sport next year – hopefully, we’ll have adequate for our Cup programs – that I’m going to invest in Colin and Ricky and do what we can to give them a nice start.”
~Scene Daily

I really like this plan. It's great that Colin and Ricky will get to do the whole season! That will be good for them. I also hope Menard ends up full time; he needs the additional seat time IMO.

A little disappointed that Erik Darnell was not mentioned, though... Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Roush will run 3 or 4 NW entries in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roush will run 3 or 4 NW entries in 2010   Roush will run 3 or 4 NW entries in 2010 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 pm

I believe all of Roush's up-and-comers have done a great job and deserve to be full-time in the Nationwide Series. Paul has done a decent job in the races he has been running this year in the #98. I think they should keep him there and put Erik Darnell in the 4th seat.
Back to top Go down

Roush will run 3 or 4 NW entries in 2010
Page 1 of 1