Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races... Empty
PostSubject: Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races...   Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races...   Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Did you all read the comment someone left on that page? Can't say I disagree. I'm surprised they didn't stay on the 43 with AJ this year.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races...   Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Here's the comment...
Quote :
Congrats you have selected one of the most mediocre drivers in Nascar. Not only that but he would never join the Air Force. He will just take your money.

I disagree with 2 of his 3 points.

First, I do agree that Sadler is a mediocre driver. Hard to argue with his stats.

But, saying that he would never join the Air Force is just a stupid statement to make. True? Sure, it is. But name one NASCAR driver who plans on joining the Air Force after they quit racing. That comment is completely irrelevant to the Air Force sponsorship. They're not trying to get Elliott to join the Air Force, they are trying to get other recruits.

Finally, "he will just take your money." Umm, yes, but what do all of the other drivers do with sponsor money? They take it and spend it on their race cars. That's how sponsorship works. The team takes your money and you get your name on the car...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races...   Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Here's the comment...
Quote :
Congrats you have selected one of the most mediocre drivers in Nascar. Not only that but he would never join the Air Force. He will just take your money.

I disagree with 2 of his 3 points.

First, I do agree that Sadler is a mediocre driver. Hard to argue with his stats.

But, saying that he would never join the Air Force is just a stupid statement to make. True? Sure, it is. But name one NASCAR driver who plans on joining the Air Force after they quit racing. That comment is completely irrelevant to the Air Force sponsorship. They're not trying to get Elliott to join the Air Force, they are trying to get other recruits.

Finally, "he will just take your money." Umm, yes, but what do all of the other drivers do with sponsor money? They take it and spend it on their race cars. That's how sponsorship works. The team takes your money and you get your name on the car...

A couple of thoughts, coming from two sides...because I can't make up my mind:

This is not the first time Sadler drove for the Air Force, he was also in the AF car when it was with the 21.

Also, Sadler has been more supportive of the military than a lot of drivers....when he did his Chase speech, he was the only one of the ten drivers who mentioned the military service members, and he was not sponsored by them at the time.

Oh the other hand....he hasn't mentioned them since until....the other day when he was on twitter and said

"When is the last time you walked by a man or woman you didn't know that was in the armed forces and told them thank you for what you do??"
and
"My wife and I have made a vow to do it everytime we run into someone in uniform this month!! You would not believe the feeling you get!!!!!"

A few days later they announced the AF sponsorship. I am thinking he started to pro military stuff right about time the sponsorship deal was getting signed.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races...   Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:34 pm

I was just not disagreeing with the first statement, just to clarify. Elliott does seem like a nice person. I'm just kind of surprised it didn't stay on the 43 team since it was last year and with how AJ finished the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races...   Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races... Empty

Back to top Go down

Air Force to sponsor Sadler for 5 races...
Page 1 of 1