Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Allmendinger charged with DWI

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Allmendinger charged with DWI Empty
PostSubject: Allmendinger charged with DWI   Allmendinger charged with DWI EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Quote :
Allmendinger charged with DWI: UPDATE: For the second time in a week a NASCAR driver is in trouble with the law. A.J. Allmendinger, driver of the #44 car, was arrested for drunk driving, Mooresville police say. Allmendinger was pulled over around 1:30 a.m. Thursday along Highway 150. According to police, Allmendinger blew a .08, which is the legal limit in North Carolina. Last week Mooresville police say alcohol was a factor in an accident involving NASCAR driver and team owner Michael Waltrip. Officers investigating the accident suspected Waltrip was drinking, but when he was given a field sobriety test, he registered a .06. In North Carolina the legal limit is .08.(News Observer)(10-29-2009)
UPDATE: The Richard Petty Motorsports driver, according to the police report, was driving a 2007 Lexus when he was pulled over at 1:27 a.m. He was released to others at the owner's request. Police said he blew a .08 on a breathalyzer test. He has a court date for Dec. 18. "I made an error in judgment last night for which I take full responsibility," Allmendinger said in a statement released by RPM. "I went out to dinner and I had a couple of drinks. I honestly felt fine but I obviously should have erred more on the side of caution particularly given what I do for a living. It was a bad judgment call and I apologize for that ... To my fans, sponsors, team and NASCAR. If anything good can come of this then hopefully I can be an example of being more aware of drinking responsibly and if even if you feel fine, take a cab, call a friend ... just don't risk it. I will do my best to make it right and use this to learn myself and hopefully educate others." RPM officials said Allmendinger will be in the car this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.(ESPN.com)(10-29-2009)
~Jayski

A little disappointing to see this; hopefully he really has learned his lesson.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger charged with DWI   Allmendinger charged with DWI EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:31 am

A very poor error in judgment. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger charged with DWI   Allmendinger charged with DWI EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:21 am

i just saw this too....one question, .08 is legal right or was there something else?
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger charged with DWI   Allmendinger charged with DWI EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:22 am

Quote :
UPDATE 4: Richard Petty Motorsports announced that it has taken the following actions in response to the incident involving driver A.J. Allmendinger: "We are disappointed with his actions. A.J. has told us that he has accepted full responsibility for his actions and will do what is right. We have placed A.J. on probation through the end of the 2010 racing season. In addition, he will be fined $10,000 which will be donated to charity."(RPM PR)(10-30-2009)
UPDATE 5: AJ Allmendinger was administered a breathalyzer prior to Friday's first Sprint Cup practice at Talladega Superspeedway. Allmendinger has been placed on probation by NASCAR through the end of the season and, according to sources close to the situation, will be monitored closely by the governing body during that time. Allmendinger said he hopes the incident will not impact his future. "It's not the first I've ever made. It's the biggest mistake I've made to this magnitude. A lot of people make mistakes and get a second opportunity.''(ESPN.com)(10-30-2009)
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger charged with DWI   Allmendinger charged with DWI EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am

Hopefully, for the safety of the drivers, they are making Waltrip take a breathalyzer before getting in a car as well.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger charged with DWI   Allmendinger charged with DWI EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 am

Michael Waltrip crashes every week, whether he's under the influence of alcohol won't make any difference. Wink

(kidding, of course, about the alcohol thing... the wrecking every week, that's serious. geek)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger charged with DWI   Allmendinger charged with DWI EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:45 am

I find it funny that Mikey even crashes on the drag strip (i.e. his showdown with Ron Capps), where all you have to do is go in a straight line... Allmendinger charged with DWI Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allmendinger charged with DWI   Allmendinger charged with DWI Empty

Back to top Go down

Allmendinger charged with DWI
Page 1 of 1