Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford

Go down 
+2
Yatesracing
eehwkram
6 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Allmendinger has been getting the job done. I might be more excited to follow him next year as I am to follow Kahne.

Another great finish by AJ!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:45 pm

eehwkram wrote:
Allmendinger has been getting the job done. I might be more excited to follow him next year as I am to follow Kahne.

Another great finish by AJ!
WHERE DID HE FINISH. I WILL BE WATCHING HIM NEXT YEAR ALSO W/KAHNE
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:49 pm

AJ finished 10th today... great run! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:51 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Would you agree that RPM are building better Chassis than Roush
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
TeamBlueOval wrote:

As of right now, yes, absolutely they're better.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:03 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Yatesracing wrote:
TeamBlueOval wrote:

As of right now, yes, absolutely they're better.
+Andrew its either the Chassis or they have a better PIT CREW & CC that know just how to make the right correction when a Driver is having a handling problem
Back to top Go down
38RYR8890

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Gilliland ........I realy thought would do better in good equipment, as usual about the same. Next year there are going to be several drivers for JGR to choose from. So I guess time will tell if he will get another shot at it.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:03 pm

I think the next step for JGR's 4th team is to go full time in 2011. Seriously doubt that DG gets a shot at that ride full time.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Gilliland didn't do much of anything in the 02; I also don't think they'll look to bring him back.
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:38 pm

38RYR8890 wrote:
Gilliland ........I realy thought would do better in good equipment, as usual about the same. Next year there are going to be several drivers for JGR to choose from. So I guess time will tell if he will get another shot at it.

Gibbs probably has the second best equipment behind Hendrick and I don't think he was able to get a top 20 finish in the 4 races he was with them.

I dog Yates for the cars they put out there, but the truth is, his results prove that we haven't had the best of drivers either. If you can't get a top 20 in a Gibbs car, you simply aren't much of a driver. We've had to many mid pack drivers over the years. Next year with guys like Kahne and Allmendinger, we'll have drivers who can consistently run in the top 15 and compete for wins.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:48 pm

eehwkram wrote:
38RYR8890 wrote:

Gibbs probably has the second best equipment behind Hendrick and I don't think he was able to get a top 20 finish in the 4 races he was with them.

I dog Yates for the cars they put out there, but the truth is, his results prove that we haven't had the best of drivers either. If you can't get a top 20 in a Gibbs car, you simply aren't much of a driver. We've had to many mid pack drivers over the years. Next year with guys like Kahne and Allmendinger, we'll have drivers who can consistently run in the top 15 and compete for wins.

You don't get it. Yates has the engine but they are using Roush Chassis.(garbage) Next year if YATES mergers w/ RPM, they might be running a much better Chassis. Maybe with the RPM engineers and the Yates engineers pooling info they may finally come up with a chassis that is competitive enough to win a race. We will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:01 am

Yatesracing,

I think that's pretty much what eehwkram was saying. The fact that the cars are bad, and that the drivers aren't the best either. Wink
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:03 am

I also don't see Gilliland getting a shot in the 4th Gibbs car; not full-time, at least. I could see one of Gibbs' development drivers getting the seat instead.
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 2:23 am

Yatesracing wrote:
eehwkram wrote:
38RYR8890 wrote:

You don't get it. Yates has the engine but they are using Roush Chassis.(garbage) Next year if YATES mergers w/ RPM, they might be running a much better Chassis. Maybe with the RPM engineers and the Yates engineers pooling info they may finally come up with a chassis that is competitive enough to win a race. We will just have to wait and see.

I think I do get it. The Yates/Roush setups/chassis/etc... for the Yates drivers are garbage. However, if it were just sub par equipment and not the drivers, when these guys went to other rides, they would be performing much better. That hasn't been the case at all. The drivers are still mid-pack drivers at best.

I have a lot of faith that RPM can get the job done next year. Look at what they've done with Allmendinger the last three races.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:18 am

eehwkram wrote:
Yatesracing wrote:
eehwkram wrote:
38RYR8890 wrote:

I think I do get it. The Yates/Roush setups/chassis/etc... for the Yates drivers are garbage. However, if it were just sub par equipment and not the drivers, when these guys went to other rides, they would be performing much better. That hasn't been the case at all. The drivers are still mid-pack drivers at best.

I have a lot of faith that RPM can get the job done next year. Look at what they've done with Allmendinger the last three races.
Oh I agree with you we haven't had drivers that can compare with the Roush Drivers., who I think are the best . Yet they are having a heck of a time this year. I also think AJ is going to be the next Driver that will be very close to the calibra of the Roush drivers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford   Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 for Allmendinger - 3 straight top 15 finishes in a Ford
Page 1 of 1